Thursday, May 17, 2012

Podcasting in the Classroom

Yesterday, we discussed the many ways podcasts can be used to enhance students' learning. One idea I really like and will use in my classroom is using podcasts to evaluate students' writing. By evaluating students' work this way, the teacher is able to conference with students about their paper without taking time out of class to do so. I also like the idea of using podcasting to work on fluency and just to connect with experts around the world. I like the enhanced podcast because it includes pictures and the vodcast with video included in it. Regular podcasts, with only audio included, may lose the students attention more quickly than the other two.

I really enjoyed listening to Kate talk today! She seems like a wonderful teacher and has already had a lot of great experiences for being such a young teacher. I'm really interested in learning more about teaching in Korea. If I don't find a job right away teaching somewhere around here, it would b great way to get more teaching experience under my belt and start paying off my student loans!

Everyone's movies were so wonderful today!!!!=) We all seemed like professional movie makers, and we were all so nervous at first about choosing a story to use and making the movie. Now, I wouldn't mind making another one! I can't wait to finally get my first job and be able to utilize all the information and tools we received from this class!

2 comments:

  1. Kate seemed like such a fun teacher! It is always great when teachers are youthful, have a lot of energy and are so positive!

    I can't wait to use podcasts in my class! There are so many great uses for it and students can get excited to be creative with their assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate would be happy to talk to you about Korea if something like that becomes an option for you. It is fun watching the digital stories - you certainly begin to learn more about your classmates and that is always fun. Enjoyed working with you - have a great rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete