Monday, May 7, 2012

1st Day of Class!

May 7, 2012

    Today was the first day of CI 556! When I walked into the class this morning I was very nervous for what the class was going to be like. I'm not the best when it comes to technology but I do enjoy playing around with it. By the end of class, however, I am a little less nervous and am excited to learn about all the different tools I will be able to take with me to my first teaching job. I was talking to my friend, Rachel, before the class started and she said her friend that took this course and is a first year teacher, uses what she learned in the course all the time in her teaching.  The things we will be learning are very practical and just after this first day I already learned about some tools to bring into my first teaching job. There was an application called Chicktionary that would be a fun way for students to use their problem solving skills to create words using certain letters that are given to you. When all of us in the class began playing the game, it was dead silent for about five minutes because we were all concentrating thinking of words for the game. I think this application, with the right lesson and activity to work with it, would be a great tool for the classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Kristin,

    I would have to agree that I was a bit nervous before the first class as well. I get excited about technology and how it is used but I also get a little weary of its constant changes and its unseen boundaries.

    As you said, when the class was over I felt much better about it all. I think this course will definitely be a great asset to us as future teachers and will give us an advantage in interviews. I have an interview scheduled next week that I am required to teach a literacy lesson for. I plan on using my TPACK lesson since the school district is VERY big into technology!

    I'm excited to see what the rest of the two weeks has in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin and Nicole,

    I agree! I think this class will be very beneficial for us as new teachers. I am excited to learn and use different technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you gain a lot from the course - it is built to introduce you to many tools and ideas, but in the end you will be the one who really puts it in practice. We'll keep working at it!

    ReplyDelete